Monday, November 24, 2008

Applying for a Job


You've decided which career options are suitable for you and you have a great CV. All you need to do now is apply for the right jobs. Choosing the right job can be an art form in itself. Think about the following:
· Is the recruiting company reputable and solvent?
· Can I use my broad base of skills within the role?
· Is it in the right location?
· Is the package suitable?
· Are the prospects good?
· Will I be any less or more employable if I take it?
· Is the industry sector of interest to me?
If you can answer 'yes' to all or some of these questions then you will want to make sure your application gets seen. Depending on the type of role, you may need to modify your approach to ensure the greatest impact. This section explores:
· How to write a covering letter that will complement your CV in the right way
· Types of Recruiter
· Hints and Tips on application form completion

No comments: